October 23, 2015
Baked Oatmeal with Bananas and Blueberries
This baked oatmeal is gluten free, dairy free and egg free and FULL of great texture and wonderful flavors. Eat it hot or cold! You can even eat it with ice cream!
2 c oats (gluten-free certified if necessary)
2 T whole chia seeds (ground flaxseeds can be substituted)
1 t baking powder
1/2 t sea salt
1 1/2 t cinnamon
1 can coconut milk (You can use either light or heavy)
1 T vanilla extract
1/3 c maple syrup or 2 T agave nectar or 2 t stevia extract or ¼ c Honey
3/4 c dried cranberries
3/4 c chopped pecans
1 banana (optional)
1 1/2 c berries
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Grease 8×8 ovenproof dish
3. In a bowl, mix oats, chia seeds, dried cranberries, pecans, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Add sweetener of choice and vanilla extract while stirring.
4. Slice a banana (optional) to cover bottom of dish in layer. Top with one cup of berries and then oatmeal mixture. Pour coconut milk over the top of the oat mixture. (Be sure that coconut milk is distributed evenly). Top with remainder of berries.
5. Bake 40 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before serving. Refrigerate the leftovers to be eaten cold or reheated the next day.
PS This can be doubled into a 9×13 pan – I recommend it because you’ll want to eat more!
I made this yesterday and it was yummy!! 2nd attempt as I found out “raw steel cut oats” didn’t work so well on the first attempt :))
Sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing
I was lucky enough to eat this and everyone loved it!!