This baked oatmeal is gluten free, dairy free and egg free and FULL of great texture and wonderful flavors. Eat it hot or cold! You can even eat it with ice cream!
2 c oats (gluten-free certified if necessary)
2 T whole chia seeds (ground flaxseeds can be substituted)
1 t baking powder
1/2 t sea salt
1 1/2 t cinnamon
1 can coconut milk (You can use either light or heavy)
1 T vanilla extract
1/3 c maple syrup or 2 T agave nectar or 2 t stevia extract or ¼ c Honey
3/4 c dried cranberries
3/4 c chopped pecans
1 banana (optional)
1 1/2 c berries
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Grease 8×8 ovenproof dish
3. In a bowl, mix oats, chia seeds, dried cranberries, pecans, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Add sweetener of choice and vanilla extract while stirring.
4. Slice a banana (optional) to cover bottom of dish in layer. Top with one cup of berries and then oatmeal mixture. Pour coconut milk over the top of the oat mixture. (Be sure that coconut milk is distributed evenly). Top with remainder of berries.
5. Bake 40 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before serving. Refrigerate the leftovers to be eaten cold or reheated the next day.
PS This can be doubled into a 9×13 pan – I recommend it because you’ll want to eat more!
This is a SIMPLE Italian veggie soup that I always have the ingredients in stock. I haven’t met a person yet who didn’t rave about it!
2 cans white beans, such as Great Northern or cannellini
1/4 cup good olive oil, plus extra for serving
1/4 pound large diced pancetta or smoked bacon (optional)
2 cups chopped yellow onions (2 onions)
1 1/2 cup chopped carrots (5 carrots)
Oh Yes! It’s winter and we love to eat something hearty that provides some leftovers for lunches.
1 medium zucchini,chopped2 medium onions, chopped1 medium green pepper, chopped1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped1/4 cup olive oil4 garlic cloves, minced2 cups frozen corn2 cans (28 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes, cut up 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (15-ounce) white (cannellini) beans, rinsed and drained